Hi community. After several months working on Spress 2.2.0, it is here with 11
new features, 6 improvements and 8 fixes. The highlights of this release are
the support for themes, a little package manager based on
Composer and the jumps to PHP 5.6 dropping the
support for 5.5. Additionally, an issue related with copying dot-files such as
build directory has been fixed.
Themes let you create sites based on community-maintained templates. These ones
package layouts, includes and assets in a way that can be
overridden by your site content.
Themes are published via Packagist.org.
new:site command has been updated to let you create a site based on any theme.
new:theme command has been added to facilitate the task of create
a new theme. You can get more details about this one here.
The package manager
A little package manager based on Composer has been introduced in this version
so that no external commands are needed to install plugins or themes.
spress-installer package has been updated
and 3 new commands has been added:
The complete changelog:
- New Support for themes. See the new feature #98.
- New Package manager with the following new commands:
new:sitecommand has been updated for scaffolding new sites using themes. See the new feature #96.
- New Dropped the support for PHP 5.5. The minimum version is 5.6.
- New Allow default attributes on "pages" collection. See new feature #93.
- New New options for applying
avoid_renderizerfeature to type of files and files belong to a path (relative to
src/contentfolder). See new feature #91.
- New Added a verbosity level param (optional) to the
writemethod of IOInterface.
- New Added verbosity and very-verbosity level messages to the
- New Added support for overwriting messages to the output in IOInterface.
- New Added support for ask choice questions in IOInterface.
- New Added the method
- New Updated to using Symfony 3.2 components.
- Improved Updated
PluginManagerBuilderclass with support for loading several plugins from extra->spress_class attribute of a plugin's
- Improved Renamed some tests with a more descritive name.
- Improved Fixed some descriptions in commands.
- Improved Replaced the use of PHPUnit_Framework_TestCase class by TestCase.
- Improved Deleted the
includekey of configuration files due to the fix #107.
- Improved The terms generated by TaxonomyGenerator for each item appears sorted.
- Fixed The
Spress-installerplugin is included in the
composer.jsonfile when a new blank theme is created.
- Fixed Fixed an issue when loading layouts and includes of the current theme.
- Fixed Fixed an issue related with the presedence between the theme's assets and the site's assets.
- Fixed Bug #107 fixed: ".htaccess not being included in build".
- Fixed Fixed an issue related to the convertion to array of a
- Fixed Avoid an error using
new:sitecommand over a non-empty directory that contains "hidden" directories and files.
- Fixed Fixed a bug related with the "pagination generator" and the draft posts. See bug #101.
- Fixed Fixed the
ConsoleIOclass to use the fallback argument.
How to get this version?
You can download Spress from the download page or if you have a previous
version installed you can run
$ spress self-update