- Data-sources: (see #46) data sources can load site data from certain locations like filesystem or database.
- Data-writer (see #44): The DataWriter's responsibility is to persist the content of the items, typically to filesystem.
- New site's structure (see #41).
- Collections of content (see #43): collections allow you to define a new type of document like page or post.
- Generators (see #45): Generators are used for generating new items of content.
- Renderizer (see #48): Renderizer are responsible for formatting content.
- Established PHP 5.5 as minimum version (see #42).
Migrating from Spress 1.x to 2.x?
There are a few incompatibilities and new features that should be considered. Spress 2 comes with a new site structure where
configuration data and the output folder are located at the first level. The main content is placed at
src with a folder for
Folder mapping: (see Spresso theme for more details)
|Spress 1.x||Spress 2.x|
|content (index.html, rss.xml)||
Plugin system has been reviewed with four new events and five deleted.
List of new events:
spress.before_render_blocks: called just before a item content is rendered.
spress.after_render_blocks: called just after a item content is rendered.
spress.before_render_page: called just before a item content is rendered with layouts.
spress.after_render_page: called just after a item content is rendered with layouts.
List of deleted events:
spress.before_render: replaced by
spress.after_render: replaced by
Plugins and themes of add-ons will be migrated progressively.
See migrating documentation for more details.
How to get this version?
$ curl -LOS https://github.com/spress/Spress/releases/download/v2.0.0-alpha/spress.phar
Next release will be beta 1. If you notice any problems, please open a issue on Github.