Spress just turned 1.1.0. This release comes seven months later of the last stable 1.0.3 with interesting new goodies. This release also marks the start of Spress 2 development. What’s changed in 1.1.0? Here are some highlights:
- Two new scaffolding commands:
new:pluginfor creating posts and plugin respectively. See the blog post.
- Built-in server and watch for changes. With the built-in server you have a simple web server for viewing your site without any extra requirement. The new watch mode for
site:buildcommand enables to watch for changes and to regenerate your site automatically. See the blog post.
- The new IO API enables to plugins for interact with the user. See the blog post.
- Support for environment configurations. This is useful for writing configuration options for development and production environments. See the blog post.
- Debug mode. With this mode activated you can dump information about a template variable in your templates.
The full changelog
- Fixed Bug #30: Adding source parameter to config appears to not do anything.
- Improved Support for exceptions during parsing a site with
--serverand `--watch options.
config.ymlis reloaded when rebuilding the site with watch mode enabled.
- Improved Spresso theme updated to 1.1.
- Improved Symfony components updated to 2.6.
- New variable:
server_watch_extat global configuration.
- Fixed Default value for layout at new:post command assigned to null.
- Fixed Fixed questions for tags and categories in new:post command.
- Fixed Fixed new:post help message.
- Fixed Added validators for command options.
- Improved Performance of combination --server and --watch options improved.
- Improved Deleted unused variables.
- New Issue #17: Twig debug mode through configuration.
- New Two new scaffolding commands:
- New Proposal #22: Namespace "new" in commands for creating stuff.
- Deprecated The command
site:newhas been declared deprecated and replaced by
- New IO API useful for interacting with the users.
- New Proposal #9: Support for environment configuration files. New key
- New PR #12: Added ability to use multiple extensions on layouts.
- New Proposal #15: Built-in server and watch for changes.
- Fixed Issue #10: Classname with typo: EnviromentEvent. This class was replaced by EnvironmentEvent.
- Fixed PR #14: Changed Frontmatter regex pattern to allow for CRLF line endings.
- Improved Proposal #13: Split Spress into Spress Core and its ecosystem.
- Improved Replaces all uses of deprecated method mergeWith from ConfigServiceProvider by union method.
- Improved Proposal #11: Improve the plugins manager for writing plugins more easily.
- Improved Decoupled options for Plugin Manager.
- Improved PSR-4 for classloader.
- Improved Symfony components >= 2.4 and < 3 in
- Improved The default value for
urlkey at global configuration is empty-string.
- Improved Documentation fixes.
- Deprecated The configuration options:
relative_permalinkshas been declared deprecated.